Get the right way to say LOVE in Spanish


Soooooo.. for you guys who want to say LOVE in Spanish, you have to know the step. IT’S A MUST!!! Don’t you just say it without knowing the meaning.

First of all, we know that the word TE AMO is totally familiar, from the song maybe or from Dora the Explorer, right? But for native Spanish, they don’t use the TE AMO word so much. Mostly they use TE QUIERO. What’s the difference?
First, let me tell you about the step from liking to loving in Spanish, look at my silly pict bellow *tee hee*

When we like something, mostly people say ME GUSTA. When it comes more than just like, people use ME ENCANTA. Both use for liking something like band, music, goods, and many other. The difference is that ME ENCANTA showing more passion than just ME GUSTA.

When it comes like loving or relationship, people use TE QUIERO. I always see couple or people in relationship say “TE QUIERO” but I never see them say “TE AMO”. Yes, it is because the meaning of TE AMO is really strong, so people barely use it.

TE QUIERO comes from à Querer which is mean “Want” and because the subject is ‘I’, so it becomes "Quiero". So Te Quiero literally mean “I want you”.  Native Spanish use it as an expression to say I LOVE YOU to their girlfriend or boyfriend or someone that they really love.

TE AMO comes from à Amar wich is mean “to Love” and it becomes “Amo” because the subject is ‘I’. now we can see for ourself that TE AMO has a higher mean than TE QUIERO.

Now I give you an example of a couple that in love:


Weeeeell, I hope this could explain more. If you have any question just leave it in comment.
I’ll get another love sentence later xx

Leave a Reply